|by Pauline Sheehan,
More About Pauline. . .
Promote the light side of caregiving by balancing your food, exercise and
responsibilities with a spirit of adventure. Here are several ways to
explore your light side..
- Visit a museum that features an artist you don't know. To
adventure, become a museum benefactor or curator. Or you may choose to look
at the pictures in an art book or buy their postcards.
- Join a quilter's group. If you are in to it big time, exhibit your
at the fair. Or bury under one with your grandchildren and tell stories.
- Take golf lessons. For those who are addicted , go to Las Vegas
instead of gambling. Or you may learn to swear and bend golf clubs.
- Explore the desert closest to your home. For more adventure, take
mule and pan for gold. Or you may buy a cactus for your kitchen table.
- Climb Mt. Pilchuck. If you need more adventure, outfit yourself at
and climb their rock. Or you may buy a calendar of the Grand Tetons.
- Learn to sail. If you need more adventure, compete in a Regatta.
may take a cold shower in front of the fan or dig a hole in the water and
sink money into it.
- Try skate boarding. If this is not risky enough, build a ramp.
seems too risky -- and I hope it does -- try watching it on television or at
your local school.
- Try jump roping. "Cinderella dressed in yella, went upstairs to
fella. How many times did she kiss him? 1,2,3..." Do you remember some more?
If you want more adventure, bungee jump. If this seems too far out, jump in
- Run off to the fair. If this isn't exciting enough, be the fair
If you need even more adventure, be a 4-H leader for sheep, or pigs, or
Brahmas. If it's the wrong time of year, run off to the shopping center.
Whatever is your hang up, there is adventure for you and a challenge to
explore your light side. Oh, great, we can lighten up!
© 1998 Pauline Sheehan. All Rights